There are many things to do and places to visit in the area. The following websites provide suggestions for visitors:
- Mid-Norfolk Railway - The Goods Shed was built for the Lynn - Dereham railway in the 19th century. The MNR is the surviving (and thriving) section of the line from Dereham to Wymondham. Website carries lots of useful information and other links.
- Peddars Way - You can choose to walk all, or part, of this ancient Roman path. Much of it is also open to cyclists and horse riders as well, and there is good access for special needs visitors.
- Castle Acre - This very attractive village features sites of great historical significance, for example a castle and a priory.
- Around Swaffham - Lots of details on what to do in the area.
- Visit Norfolk - For those of you planning to see more of our beautiful county, this is a great place to start. Norfolk isn't just the Broads!
- Countryside Access (Norfolk) - Local government site with useful sections on Walking, Cycling, Bridle Paths and so on.